Sunday, June 27, 2010

Random Sunday

Some random things happening right now (or Very Soon):

  • On Tuesday, we get see our long-lost friend Kim and meet her husband.  We were both really good friends with Kim in college and we haven't seen her since we lived in Bozeman--actually right after I found out I was pregnant with Henry.  It's been years and years. They're coming over for lunch as they head back west after staying in the Twin Cities area.
  • The weather in Minnesota has been absolutely crazy.  Lots of storms and lots and lots of rain.  The benefit is that our yard looks fantastic (when we can keep up with the mowing!) and our garden is getting huge.  I have some grape tomatoes almost ready to harvest and I'm getting ready to pick the purple bell peppers.  
  • I'm proud of myself because I've started working on Christmas presents.  Every year, like everyone else, I vow I won't be doing the last-minute freak-out thing, and every year it does get a little better.  Maybe this will be the year that it's totally relaxed (ha)?
  • I'm seriously in love with my laptop.  Yes, my laptop.  I know, I know.  It's Brad's too.  In name anyway...
  • My brother and his friend are coming into town late on the Fourth and staying two nights.  They are making a cross-country and back trip this summer to help someone move (I can't remember who now, sorry, Dan) and are taking a northern route while going east and then a southern route while returning west.  Make sense?  I can't wait to see him!
  • Holly's gained 3 pounds since the middle of May.  For her, that's huge.  She's finally growing out of clothes she's been wearing for the past three summers.  It's amazing and strange at the same time.  We're so happy that we are seeing such good progress.  We'll be going back to the doctor on July 7th.  
  • Seeing as how I have a bunch of people coming to visit me, you'd think I'd be motivated to clean my house.  Where is my motivation?  I Just Don't Want To Clean.  Sorry, Future Guests, if things aren't spotless...  Yes, the bathrooms will be clean, and yes, the kitchen will be devoid of grossness (is that a word?  It should be), but there will most likely be piles of unsorted papers, toys, and slightly gritty vinyl flooring around the back sliding door where the kids come in and out all the time.  Oh, and the knitting.  The piles of yarn, fibers, project bags, and books are probably not going anywhere either. 
  • I want to cut my hair short but don't know who will do a good job for me.  My current hairdresser pretty much won't do it.  Any suggestions?  Yeah, I know most of you are far away, but still.
  • I cannot believe that this year is basically halfway over.  Just can't. 

I think that's all I wanted to sort of just dump out of my brain for right now.

In case you haven't noticed, there's a poll over to the right here.  I would like to start blogging about my projects (mostly knitting and spinning, and things related to that.  Also some embroidery or sewing or whatever else I happen to be doing at the moment.  What can I say?  I'm multicraftual.) mostly for my benefit, and also for the few people I know who like seeing my stuff (very few).  I'd appreciate your input about this.

Hope you are all enjoying the end of your weekend.  Tomorrow is "Friday" for us because of Brad's schedule.  Looking forward to that, for sure!

No comments: