Monday, September 12, 2011

We're Baaaack!

I have so many pictures I want to share!  This will take a few posts.  I will apologize in advance if you're not interested.  Sorry.  But our week was so perfect, so beautiful, I have to share!

I decided this week, one evening in particular, in fact, that heaven must be canoeing on a mirror-still Minnesota lake at sunset.


Like I said, amazing week.  Just about every night looked like this.  The only thing that marred the perfection was mosquitoes, which is unusual for this area this late in the season.

Maybe I'll start with Cabin Pictures.  That's a good place to start.  We had most of our fun outside, but there was some fun to be had indoors, as well.

There was origami to do,



and trophy (monster) fish to admire.



We fished at night






and during the day.  This bass was a lot more impressive in person, trust me.  And I'm not making it up--that's not even my fish, that was Brad's!



We visited the Forest History Center in Grand Rapids.  It's a really cool place.  We were a little sad (even though we knew this would be the case) that we missed the living history actors by a day or two.  Just exploring on our own was fun though!










More next time!

6 comments:

Ruralmama said...

Wow! That looks like a lot of fun, Erin. I love that mirror lake--so beautiful!

Erin said...

It was so restful! We needed this trip so badly. I keep staring at the pictures because it was so beautiful and peaceful. :)

Michelle said...

Love your pictures - especially the canoe shot on the lake! I'm so glad your family had such a perfect week! (I think Clemmie had a sweet little vacation herself... we spoiled her a bit.)

Erin said...

I *know* she had a great time with you guys, Michelle! It seems like she misses you guys a bit--she's been a little sad. And thanks for the compliments on the pictures. It's always hard to capture just how beautiful our state is, isn't it?

Amy Dingmann said...

Well, I looked at your whole trip backwards, and I have to say that the pictures were stunning and I'm so glad you had a great time! You make me want to take off to a state park RIGHT NOW. We didn't get to ANY yet this year.

Erin said...

MamaTea, there's still lots of time this year to get out! Maybe we should plan something together!