Friday, August 13, 2010

Dad's Visit

So Dad--Kelly--came to visit over the last weekend of July.  He had a meeting in the Cities so he took a weekend to stay with us and then went to his meeting.

I'm sad/mad at myself a bit because I didn't take any pictures.  Whenever someone's visiting and we're having fun, I always forget to take pictures.  So, alas, I have none to show this time.   Sorry.

When he got here, I took the light rail from the Mall of Themerica (Mall of America for those of you out of the loop around here--that's what the kids called it for a long time!) to the airport to pick Dad up.  We had some lunch and did some shopping at IKEA across the street and then headed home.

We took a day trip up north to Jay Cooke State Park, had a picnic lunch, hiked along the beautiful St. Louis River, and then drove up to Duluth to try to catch a glimpse of the Tall Ships in the harbor that day.  It was too hard to see them and there was a bad combination of heavy traffic and construction there, so we had to turn around and head home.

We took a walk around the neighborhood (in the forest part), we had dinner at Todd and Brian's house to celebrate Todd's birthday, and we just generally had a good time.

We were sad to drop Dad off at his hotel on Monday afternoon, and we're definitely looking forward to the next time we get to see him!

No comments: