Monday, December 6, 2010

Thanksgiving

Now that it's almost time for Christmas (19 days!), I am going to share a little bit of our Thanksgiving with you.  It is, really, a very little bit.  We were busy cooking, eating, and watching the parade, dog show, and Miracle on 34th Street that day. 
~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Homemade cornbread for stuffing and cranberries to make homemade cranberry sauce (first time this year, and it was good!):


~ * ~

Beautiful cranberries, ready to cook.  I couldn't capture the red very well.  They were stunning. 


 ~ * ~

 Homemade pumpkin pie--Grandpa's recipe, of course--and the finished cranberry sauce (YUM!):


~ * ~

We're now busy getting ready for a big Christmas celebration here at our house.  We've already got one more person in the house, and when it's time to celebrate the holidays, we'll have three more people staying here and a few more visiting, at least!  I think it's going to be a good Christmas.

No comments: