Saturday, November 27, 2010

Spinning

Well, it's The Holiday Season, which means...well, you know what it means.  And that explains the lack of blog posts lately, doesn't it?

We had our Thanksgiving together, and it was good.  I'll post on that later.  We even had stuffing and pie, and they turned out really good (even though it was the first time I'd tried the recipes).  I was happy with that.

I'm trying to get Christmas shopping/planning done.  You know, I always (well, almost always) have my planning done, and I think, oh, this'll be easy this year.  I'll get it done with lots of time to spare.  The one problem I always run into is that I have to buy the stuff.  Oh, yeah, that's right.  Huh.  I always think we've got it under control and then something really unexpected happens and well, there goes the plan.  So I have a plan but can't execute the plan.  So frustrating, and yet predictable.  Well, predictably unpredictable.  Whatever.

I'm also in the process of trying to keep up with school with the kids.  That's going ok.  Just ok, not fantastic.  I need to step it up just a bit.  I've been having a really bad time sleeping lately and then I get up later than I want to because I'm tired, and then the whole day just doesn't go as well as I'd like.  I know there are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse problems in life.  It is a frustration, though.

One other thing I'm doing is getting the house ready for a visitor.  I will be changing our schoolroom into a bedroom so we can get to most of our stuff without disturbing the person inhabiting the room.  It's kind of an interesting situation--one that I can post about later.

So, we're busy here, just like everyone else at this time of year. 

No comments: