Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas Day

Christmas Day came early.  The adults were up very late to begin with.  Then, Henry and Holly were up at 4 a.m. to use the bathroom (and check out their presents).  Henry was at our bedside to inform us of what Santa had left at that time, and to ask whether it was time to get up.  We, of course, said no.  We also said no at 5 a.m. and 6 a.m., and by 7 or so, we gave up.  At that point, everyone got up and here's the ensuing melee!

 Yep, Santa brought us a big aquarium and stand.  Can you tell Henry didn't get much sleep?



 Homer had to survey the scene.

 The grownups got into the act, too.

 Holly got a sewing kit and fabric from Mom and Dad!

 And Henry got a video camera from Mom and Dad!


 Yeah, there I am in all my morning splendor.  Just had to prove I was there.


After all the presents, some of us took a little nap.  Then we all got ready and headed over to Todd and Brian's house to spend time with them and Harry.  We had a really great meal with them (they went out of their way to make it gluten-free for us and especially for Holly--it was so thoughtful!), and played games and visited too.

By the end of the day, we were all worn out, but definitely happy.  It was a Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

What an wonderful day - and great pics! I love that Holly got a sewing kit, and Henry got a video camera! Gifts to foster their fab creativity :) I can't wait to your aquarium all set up.

Michelle said...

Ha - I should proof read :) And, I homeschool my children...

Erin said...

I knew what you meant! Thanks for the comments. The aquarium is slowly taking shape. I'll be posting about it later in the week, probably. :)