Sunday, February 13, 2011

Henry's Ninth Birthday!

My little man is nine.  Halfway to 18.  Acting more grown-up everyday.  I'm simultaneously proud and a little sad!

Henry's birthday was yesterday, the 12th.  We previously had plans to go somewhere during the week as a fun outing for his birthday, but unfortunately we had to head out of town for Brad's grandfather's funeral.  Because of that, I think we'll be doing something either this week or the week after to have fun.

In the mean time, though, we had our family celebration yesterday.  The day began with warm chocolate muffins, presents and cards!





Henry got lots of great gifts.  The one in the picture is the Lego Harry Potter Hogwarts game. 

Later in the day, Uncle Todd and Uncle Brian came over for dinner, cake, a movie (Kung Fu Panda, a new favorite here), and more Legos!  What a lucky kid!

 Everyone looks so excited here...I think they wanted to eat the cake already!


Henry got all the candles out with one breath.  We'll see if his wish comes true this year...

Happy birthday to the sweetest, smartest, most wonderful boy I know.  Watching you grow up (and being a part of that) is the best thing ever.  I love you, Mister Henry. 

No comments: