I used ice last night on my arm. It felt so good. I iced my arm and watched the Giants pull out a win in San Fran. It was good, overall, except I had to keep from dozing off several times. You know you're tired when you've already had a 2 hour nap (yes, my kids were in the house playing Monopoly--I don't do that very often at all, but when you need sleep...) and you start falling asleep during an exciting playoff game at 9 p.m. I never get to watch the Giants either.
Today I feel a lot better. Still a little tired, my tummy was upset earlier, and my arm still feels like a hot rock. Why did I put myself through this again? Why didn't I just wait until I needed the booster, like for instance, if I stepped on a nail or something?
Here's why.
I can now play with animal fleeces (dirty ones) and pointy metal objects designed to get them ready for spinning, without fear of getting a horrible infection.
Here's an idea of what I'm talking about (and really, this probably belongs in the other blog, but I started talking about it here, so...)
Wool Hackle
Wool Combs
Hand Cards
See how they're all menacing, pointy metal objects that just seem like injury will happen at any moment? THAT is why I got my tetanus shot.
I don't have this equipment yet, but when I do (someday), I'll be posting info about it on my Crafty Blog. Promise.
And apparently, wool combs were used as a torture device (they look like a torture device!)--I discovered this while looking for a good source of pictures and info to share. My only problem with that entry is that they are using cards/carding and combs interchangeably, which is a big no-no, even if it's torture related.
1 comment:
Glad you're feeling better. I see why you'd want to keep your tetnus shot up-to-date - pointy metal tools and all :) I'll have to check out your project blog!
Post a Comment