Our January 4-H meeting was at the Wargo Nature Center, where Henry learned to snowshoe and kicksled.
I'm pretty sure you know what snowshoeing is--but kicksledding? I'd never heard of it, and I'm guessing lots of other people haven't either.
Here's Henry's take on the day, which might clarify things for you (remember, you can click on the images to see them larger):
If you're still a little in the dark, look here.
I could only get one or two pictures of the active boy outside (Holly and I were inside), and here's what I got that turned out:
That's Henry, running back up the hill to do another kicksledding run.
As I said, Holly and I stayed inside and we worked on the craft project for the month. Every month we make table centerpieces for the nearby senior center. Here's what we ended up with:
Holly was very pleased with all the glitter and cuteness involved in the project, I think.
After the kids all came in from the snow, we had a short meeting, and visited a bit.
Looking forward to next month!


5 comments:
Looks like a fabulous day! So bummed we missed it.
Henry's paper is awesome, and I think it's a great idea to have the kids report on their activities. H & H are not so happy to do that, but I should push it more.
Holly did a great job with the centerpieces - super-cute!
Wow! Kicksledding looks fun! I bet I'd break something trying it, though. :-)
Cute centerpieces!
It was a great day. Wish you could've been there, too!
If you only knew what we had to go through to get the report--the drama, the gnashing of teeth, the throwing of self off of bed, the loss of writing instruments... No, Henry's not always happy to do the writing either, but I'm starting to bribe him with a blog I'll be setting up this week. The part about how he has to go eat dinner? It's because I made him finish it by dinner time... *SIGH* But it turned out well, and he's really good at storytelling.
Holly had a great time, too! I think it was good for my kids to get some separate time since Henry's getting to be a big boy and all.
Ruralmama--
I'm sure you'd be fine! ;) It looked pretty non-dangerous to me. Not steep hills, in other words! You could sit on the sled, even! :)
Wow are they getting big! I'm starting to enjoy watching all the babies grow up and do "big kid" stuff. Sad, but fun.
Post a Comment